[Sugar-devel] Sugar Architecture Documentation

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Jan 6 04:33:38 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 12:22, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 20:35, Morgan Collett <morgan.collett at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Our architecture overview is
>> http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Architecture - quite sparse
>> but feel free to ask specific questions on this list and we can
>> provide the details.
>
> Just wanted to note that one of the reasons for that page to be so
> scarce on details is that we are following pretty closely the
> architecture of other X11 desktop environments like GNOME, KDE, etc,
> so though we could extend quite deeply on several aspects, most of it
> wouldn't be Sugar specific.
>
> And yeah, please ask any questions you have and we'll fill those
> wholes in the wiki.

One example:

http://linuxdevices.com/files/misc/intel_mid_arch.gif (from
http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6616313390.html)

Take out the Intel hw, UEFI and Hildon and substitute the top layer
with learning-oriented software and you have pretty much the
architecture of Sugar.

Also look for architecture docs for GNOME Mobile-based products like
Maemo, OpenMoko or ACCESS Linux Platform:

http://www.gnome.org/mobile/

HTH,

Tomeu