[Sugar-devel] Education on the XO

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Sat Jan 3 10:47:28 EST 2009

It would help if there were a Moodle connection
for G1G1 XO-ers.  From my limited reading it
appears that Moodle is tied in with the XS which
means that a G1G1 laptop owner will have no
easy way to get started or even to discover the
availability or applicability of Moodle.

As one example, I've shown a number of teachers
the XO and they were very interested to see the
laptop.  The case would have been *far* more
compelling if I had been able to show them more
of a classroom use case.

Some thoughts:

(1) Develop a Moodle activity to let XO users
     create courseware without a full XS

(2) Make a mini-LiveCD of the XS to support
     Moodle course development and testing.

(3) Is Birmingham using Moodle?  I've done
     periodic Googles with no real information
     on progress, XO usage, ...

--Chris