[Sugar-devel] Teaching typing and basic math on the XO

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 09:23:51 EST 2009

One though--inspired by your earlier comment about how a purely
constructionist approach would say that they'll learn to type when
they use write or chat: Activities like Memorize and JigSawPuzzle let
the learners play right away but also have game-construction features
built in. It might be fun to think of ways in which the typing tutor
could be modified either by the teacher or the children as part of the
process or to capture data in interesting ways. I don't have any
non-obvious ideas off the top of my head but something to consider.
(races over the mesh, customizable strings, sounds, images, etc.
Plotting statistics in Measure, etc.)

-walter

--
Walter Bender