[Sugar-devel] [Fwd: Re: Education on the XO]

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Jan 3 09:23:43 EST 2009

Hi,

I don't know Merlot. There is a lot of good ingredients in the Connexion
site at Rice. Sadly, there is a tremendous body of good ingredients, but
all copyrighted. I think in many cases the copyright is not done to
restrict use of the materials, but because it is automatic. However,
that poses a major hurdle in using the material.

The question of partners is central (and the reason I raised the issue).
I would think Sugar Labs are an option. The Moodle organization is an
option. However, even there the only 'free' course example I could find
was the 'Features Demo'.

So far as I can tell, the countries are tied up trying to solve
immediate deployment problems. While there is a lot of good work being
done, it is not easily accessible as ingredients for course building.

I would appreciate any ideas you have on how to proceed.

Thanks,

Tony