[Sugar-devel] Sugar Architecture Documentation

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jan 3 06:22:55 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 20:35, Morgan Collett <morgan.collett at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 19:58, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:10 AM,  <tbadsha at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Hi David,
>>>
>>> As I am in between jobs, I do some volunteer work with the local OLPC
>>> office, helping them in technical and regulatory matters.  However, my
>>> primary interest is software and have also been working with Walter on a
>>> proposal to globalize Sugar development.
>>>
>>> I stay in touch with Sugar activities through the Wiki and have been trying
>>> to get a handle on the articecture.  Basically, how it complements/meshes
>>> with LINUX.  Came across a good article on Bitfrost and one written by you
>>> on APIDOX.  From my experience I know that this learning process is
>>> iterative and a lot comes with practical involvement but I would still
>>> appreciate if you can point me to some documents that give me an overview of
>>> the architecture.
>
> Our architecture overview is
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Architecture - quite sparse
> but feel free to ask specific questions on this list and we can
> provide the details.

Just wanted to note that one of the reasons for that page to be so
scarce on details is that we are following pretty closely the
architecture of other X11 desktop environments like GNOME, KDE, etc,
so though we could extend quite deeply on several aspects, most of it
wouldn't be Sugar specific.

And yeah, please ask any questions you have and we'll fill those
wholes in the wiki.

Thanks,

Tomeu