[Sugar-devel] New Sugar on a Stick image available

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Sat Feb 28 07:32:35 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 09:15:04PM +0100, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> Get it [1] when it is still sticky!
Just gave it a try:
- only US keyboard default
- if I enter the wrong password 3 times (e.g. because of keymap
differences :) ), boot will continue and directly show the Sugar
desktop, suggesting everything is fine. And for sure, data is store on
the stick (i.e. after reboot with wrong password again it's there), but
probably not as intended.
- if I enter the right one (only asked once), a login screen is shown
with "liveuser" preentered. Pressing return (i.e. trying to log in)
shows a black screen for a second and returns to the login screen. This
is a behaviour I'd have expected in the first case (though halting with
password error would be much better).
- there seems to be no way to add kernel parameters like acpi=off (that
is probably intended, but might cause SoaS not to work at all on some
systems - will try one of them later)

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/