[Sugar-devel] setup.py release?

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:27:04 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 02:29, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> OLPC's 8.2.0 builds have a 'release' bundlebuilder command.  That's what I
> have always used to release new versions of my activities, since it works in
> such a consistent manner.
> The command increments activity.info, updates NEWS, makes a new Git tag vXX,
> builds xo and tar.bz2 bundles, and finally pushes everything to Git.
> I noticed this argument doesn't exist on SoaS builds.  Any reason for that,
> any any chance of getting it back?

It was replaced by a standalone utility from sugar-tools:
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar-tools/repos/mainline. It does
all those, uploads the tarball to sunjammer and sends out the release
email (giving you a chance to edit it first).

I haven't used it for honey, only glucose and fructose, so I'm not
sure if it supports honey projects.

Regards
Morgan