[Sugar-devel] Future of Rainbow + Sugar?

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Tue Feb 24 13:30:27 EST 2009

bert wrote:
 > On 24.02.2009, at 19:09, Carol Farlow Lerche wrote:
 > > Asking for better documentation doesn't imply that the facility is
 > > new.  It recognizes that development has reached a local minimum in
 > > an important component that is not well understood by many.  My post
 > > was a request to the most knowledgeable person, Michael to do the
 > > service of taking the time to write a document that clearly lays out
 > >
 > > .  the purpose (not in security speak but in terms of the benefits
 > > it brings to end users),

for my part, i've always felt that it's this first point of
carol's that's been missing from the docs.  the functional
overview is very important:  as a developer, you're asking me to
implement a bunch of new API functionality simply to make a
simple program (which may already be working well in most other unix
environments) functional.  i'd like to be sold on the concept
first, before having to do a bunch of work for no (apparent) benefit
to me or my program.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org