[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Activity startup idea

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Mon Feb 23 17:39:21 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Carol Farlow Lerche <cafl at msbit.com> wrote:
> The pulsing doesn't prevent random clicking.

I thought it was to be as a "don't worry, we're working" symbol, thus
letting the user know that their last click _did_ cause the activity
to load. The issue is that after a few seconds there is no visual
feedback provided to the user; they have no way of knowing whether
their activity is *truly* loading or has failed to start, since sugar
does not reap zombie activities in non-"joyride" builds. (Although I'm
not sure how that will work with Sugar on other platforms)

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc