[Sugar-devel] Full Licence field

Carol Farlow Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Fri Feb 20 13:52:24 EST 2009

This brings up an issue I have been thinking about, since the SynPhony
database comprises several "with attribution" components.  Would it make
sense to have a common design element that was "about <activity>" or
"credits" that would allow contributions to be acknowledged?  Leaving aside
whether it is a license requirement I think it is good practice to show
Sugar users, aka kids, that some people cared enough to build this stuff,
and that if they build stuff they can receive acknowledgement too.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:06 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we did show a full license in the Control Panel before. The path was
> hard coded to where OLPC had placed the GPL license. What can we do to
> meet the expectations of all the distributions that want to ship sugar?
>
> Thanks for inputs on this,
>    Simon
>
> http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/357

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary
depends upon his not understanding it." -- Upton Sinclair