[Sugar-devel] pointers to information on Python modules for collaboration

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:18:53 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 17:57, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> You may want to start by looking at the Almanac:
>
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/DelopmentTeam/Almanac/Sugar.presence

See also the following links which I have yet to move to wiki.sugarlabs.org:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_sharing
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Collaboration_Tutorial

and the HelloMesh activity which I have yet to move to git.sugarlabs.org:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/HelloMesh and
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/hellomesh;a=tree

This use D-Bus Tubes which are best suited for event-driven
functionality - signals and methods. There are also Stream Tubes,
which are more suited to pure data transfer - which effectively wrap a
socket connection over the collaboration framework. This is currently
only used in Read, to my knowledge.

Regards
Morgan