[Sugar-devel] Supported methods of starting Sugar

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Wed Feb 18 06:16:26 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 11:53:48AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

>>> If you're logging in to Sugar directly from gdm,
>>> then it should run sugar.
>>           ^^ what's "it"? or did you mean "you"?
>
>   From gdm you can only pick a gdm item, not a binary directly.
So Ubuntu contains some script that's run directly by gdm and invokes
sugar? Is it the same as the one in [1]?
I've only ever used .xsession to choose what to run, especially as I
usually use xdm (which AFAIK doesn't have any "session" chooser).

> Gdm should invoke sugar, not sugar-emulator.
Great! So my bug isn't invalid. ;)

[1]
http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Jhbuild#Creating_an_xsession_for_Sugar-jhbuild

CU Sascha