[Sugar-devel] XOIRC migrated to Sugar Labs (as IRC Activity)

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Tue Feb 17 19:40:41 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 7:12 PM, S Page <info at skierpage.com> wrote:

> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XoIRC still points to laptop.org for bundle,
> source, POT.  Several other migrated activities likewise have incorrect
> wiki.laptop.org pages.

Indeed.  Please tag those at the top with {{Migrated to sl.o}} but
don't blank the page.  In this case you are moving a page that can be
edited and discussed to one that does not really support either (and
that has misleading metadata).

Last time I carried out a similar migration, we left the original
pages up for roughly 12 months, which is a good time-scale on which to
let wikis settle.  It helps if the target page moved to is also
editable,  annotatable, and history-preserving.

> You *could* follow
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Maintaining_activity_web_information to

Please update this page / discuss around this page ways in which you
would like to see activity pages migrated.

> I think only activities in an activity group or with an update URL
> pointing to wiki.laptop.org still need information on w.l.o.
> But what do others think?

I think it makes sense to have the short-template versions of all
activities that work on XOs on [[Activities/All]] and the like, until
the activity-discovery process within Sugar [and within older versions
of Sugar out in the wild] changes.  But those could be updated from
info stored in an activities.sl.o database.

SJ