[Sugar-devel] [PATCH] webactivity: seed the XS cookie at startup
simon at schampijer.de
Mon Feb 16 17:03:26 EST 2009
Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>> Our registration URL is REGISTER_URL = 'http://schoolserver:8080/', wouldn't
>> the right Domain than be 'schoolserver'? Since the cookie is about the
>> registration with the schoolserver this makes most sense to me (the jabber
>> server could be somewhere else).
> Call me silly, but I really want to set it to the fqdn to avoid
> exposing the cookie too much. Browse.xo homepage links to
> http://schoolserver/ and that will match any wildcard dns entry,
> needlessly pushing out info that is better kept quiet.
Well, your cal - using the schoolserver url then?
> The XS will redirect to its own fqdn -- and there Browse.xo will send
> the cookie.
>> Well, all the calls in the try block are sqlite3 ones - if they fail - we
>> catch it. If something else goes wrong - we want to fail and not hide ;p
> This is of course a matter of style, and I'm not familiar with the
> Sugar coding style. So with curiosity I ask... why? My PoV is that
> this is an enhancement to the core function of Browse.xo . A
> nice-to-have thing. If it fails (and noting that it happens at startup
> time), it should not stop the user from getting the core functionality
> of Browse.
Well, it gets the core functionality. If a method can only throw
exceptions A I do not need to except for all exceptions. Not clearly
defining which errors one is looking for does more hide errors. My POV :)
>> BTW: Is there a spec you used for the cookie format? I find field
>> descriptions like expires - you name it expiry.
> Well, there are some post-facto specs on the old 'cookies.txt' format,
> but since it's moved to sqlite I don't think anyone has spec'd it.
> Still, if you look at the cookies.txt formats, it is self-explanatory.
> In terms of where I got the fieldnames from, I did:
> $ cd .mozilla/firefox/2hrgnz74.default/
> $ ls cookies.
> cookies.sqlite cookies.txt
> $ sqlite3 cookies.sqlite
> SQLite version 3.5.9
> Enter ".help" for instructions
> sqlite> .schema moz_cookies
> CREATE TABLE moz_cookies (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, name TEXT, value
> TEXT, host TEXT, path TEXT,expiry INTEGER, lastAccessed INTEGER,
> isSecure INTEGER, isHttpOnly INTEGER);
> and I copy/pasted that. That's how the semicolon sneaked in :-/
Thanks will have a look,
More information about the Sugar-devel