[Sugar-devel] [Server-devel] consequences of re-registering with XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 16:15:30 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> I've come short of a nice patch (too many pressures at the moment,
> sorry) but I have shared our hack here:
> http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/362

Looks reasonable... and hackish :-)

Registration sets both backup server and jabber server. Once backup
server is cleared, I assume that a new registration attempt will set
_both_ without choking or throwing exceptions... if not, then it'd be
a good idea to remove both.

In fact, it might be a good idea anyway: once you've de-registered, as
a user my expectation would be that it does _not_ try to connect to
the jabber server set at registration time. That registration sets 2
values is an internal detail, as a user, both values should be unset
together...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions