[Sugar-devel] sugar.profile.jabber_registered and sugar.profile.is_registered() are deprecated?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 05:32:11 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Morgan Collett
<morgan.collett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, way back we found that tracking is_registered was unreliable,

Fair enough. However, a number of operations on the client side need
to know whether Sugar thinks it is registered.

> Ask the server?

Hmmm, no. I just want to know if we're registered, separately from
talking to the server.

We do need a bit of state on the client side to track whether it
thinks it is registered. We also need a workflow if it turns out that
it isn't registered, or that the server's been wiped clean after it
lost its marbles.  But that's a separate issue :-)

> Looks like 0.86 needs a new feature around registration management as
> we're significantly after the 0.84 feature freeze.

Do you mean 0.84 has no concept of a 'registration' action like 0.82 did?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions