[Sugar-devel] Getting sugar-jhbuild run working

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Mon Feb 9 15:03:59 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 08:29:50PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

>> According to that document it seems like LD_LIBRARY_PATH should
>> override rpath anyway...
> I am no expert in this - just happened to know that resource - both to
> understand rpath mechanism and problems better, and referring to ways
> to deal with it: chrpath is mentioned as a tool to use in install
> target at package build time, but it can be used by the local admin
> too (if it breaks then just reinstall the related package!).
It seems like the document is incorrect and rpath takes preference:
Using chrpath, I've verified that python-gconf has RPATH=/usr/lib.
strace shows the order (for ldd) is /usr/lib/tls/x86_64, /usr/lib/tls,
/usr/lib/x86_64, /usr/lib.
BTW: Libraries in sugar-jhbuild seem to set rpath, too - at least
libevince.so does have RPATH=/home/sugar/sugar-jhbuild/install/lib64.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/