[Sugar-devel] Cannot sugar-jhbuild update

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 03:10:30 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> 2009/2/8 Ties Stuij <cjstuij at gmail.com>:

>>> I think the problem here is that the path to the gnome git repo is
>>> wrong in the sugar-jhbuild script.
>>> It's git://git.gnome.org/preview/jhbuild, not git://git.gnome.org/jhbuild.
>>
>> s/think/know/, since I had the same problem with a clean checkout.
>
> But see
>
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar-jhbuild/repos/mainline/blobs/master/sugar-jhbuild#line39
>
> That code will git-pull an existing jhbuild dir or git-clone from
> git://git.gnome.org/jhbuild .
>
> So maybe the jhbuild dir needs to be deleted first, then git-pull in
> the sugar-jhbuild dir and then ./sugar-jhbuild update?

On a clean sugar-jhbuild there isn't even a jhbuild dir. And indeed
then git tries to pull in jhbuild. As you can see from Alex's post,
git can't. Again, there is no git.gnome.org/jhbuild. The path is wrong
(changed perhaps recently?). See http://git.gnome.org/cgit/. The right
path is (now) git.gnome.org/preview/jhbuild. Worked for me in any
case.

/Ties