[Sugar-devel] A small request.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 22:53:16 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:46 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> "Only works with HTTP" -- that's why were are careful to make our
> protocols only use HTTP.

Several of our protocols are http based, but not all.

What I am stating is that for almost all protocols we need a service
announcement scheme to do smart things locally. For HTTP, in _some_
cases, we can pull tricks, but that's not a sustainable approach.

> It's not a cheat sheet: it's a list of cached content.  If your
> activities are coming from lots of different sources, then your update
> URLs will be different.  What's wrong with that?

In some cases we cannot guess the URLs, as I described a couple of emails ago.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions