[Sugar-devel] Using XO - Camera through the XO Emulator

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 09:58:38 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Gonzalo Jorge <gonzalo.j.o at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am planning on creating avtivities using the XO camera, that's why I was
> wondering if anyone got the XO Emulator to properly handle the camera.
> I know that there are limitations regarding using specialized hardwar,
> that's why I wanted to know which would be the best way to approach this
> scenario.

Not sure about through an emulator but you can use any standard camera
that is supported by video 4 linux 2. For example you could install
the Fedora 12 with the sugar desktop environment on any device with a
supported camera for testing your app, or even use a Sugar on a Stick
LiveCD on a device for testing.

Peter