[Sugar-devel] [Marketing] Ad Design for StackOverflow

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sun Dec 20 14:31:46 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 17:54, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks Luke, a good catch as developers are difficult to reach
>
> in fact I've been thinking of placing such an ad with the Ad Bard
> network after our December free run for Blueberry is done - they cycle
> ads on dev-oriented sites
>
> Before we ask the designers to work on this, we need to decide what to write
>
> Should we seek Activity, or platform devs?

Maybe first activities? Makes an easier start. Python or gtk+
experience should be enough.

> Tomeu, what do you think a developer would react to?

Something like "Got Python? Change the world!"? Not sure how much room
we have. Also, developers are a quite heterogeneous bunch when it
comes to motivation, can we target a defined profile?

> e.g.:
> <sugar labs logo>
> Nonprofit volunteer org seeks talented developers interested in
> improving the lives of Sugar's second million children. Join us!
> <URL join.sugarlabs.org>

Sounds pretty good, a reference to concrete technologies as python and
gtk are may help, because developers tend to group around the
technologies they use and like.

Regards,

Tomeu

> thanks
>
> Sean
>

> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> StackOverflow, a popular programmer Q/A site, is soliciting adverts from
>> FOSS projects looking for developers.
>>
>> Does anybody have some spare time to whip up a 220px by 220px image?
>>
>> --
>> Luke Faraone
>> http://luke.faraone.cc

Farning