[Sugar-devel] Opportunity: Getting involved, maintaining the Write Activity

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Sun Dec 20 04:33:12 EST 2009

Hey,

the Sugar Labs community is proud to hand out this great opportunity of
involvement in Sugar and maintaining a key activity of the Sugar
learning platform: The famous Write activity! [1]

Learners of all backgrounds and ages use the Write activity in their
daily work. Write is an important part of making the Sugar learning
platform a success.

At the moment the maintenance of the Write activity is taking care of by
several people (Aleksey, Gary, Marc, Tomeu...). We are looking for a
person that is leading this effort.

* What is maintaining about?
- bug fixes
- code cleanup
- code review (features and bug fixes by other developers)
- releases
- being responsive to questions, ideas and requests about the Write
activity (mailing list)
- appearance: keeping the wiki etc updated

* What we offer?
- community: you will find people passionate about what they are doing.
We do not only develop a learning platform, we try to live the Sugar
pedagogy [2].
- high knowledge of the Write activity in the community: you can always
ask for help if you get stuck at some point, you are not on your own
- relaxed and efficient: the work atmosphere is relaxed and
communicative but there is enough formal planning and structure to
minimize stress and keep things rolling effectively.
- flexible working hours
- more than 1 million users
- working on leading edge technology
- this is a volunteer position, but we offer highly competitive karma
point salaries

This is a part time position. The basic maintaining effort is not taking
too much time. Maybe less then 1 or 2 hours per week (maybe even less)
if done regularly. If you get involved in Feature development, too -
there is no upper limit on the time you can spend ;p

Interested? You can directly reply to this mail or send a mail to me [3].

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Write
     http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Write