[Sugar-devel] Glucose and Frame

Cilyan Olowen gaknar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:02:35 EST 2009

Thanks to tomeu, who had the patience to guide me on IRC. And now it
finally works.
Here are the solutions for the record :
The first bug was a conflict in Python's sys.path, the main module
imported was finally jhbuild's one instead of
sugar-presence-service's. On my config, I decided to prepend
/usr/share/sugar-presence-service to the path instead of appending it.
I don't know if it's the best solution but if I fix that bug on the
jhbuild side, sugar may conflict again with another package. So here,
sugar-presence-service modules are checked before anything else.
Second bug, xapian and it's python bindings are required (need to
include that to my depends array and also to review the strangely
named "xapian-python-bindings" package in AUR where it should be
simply named "python-xapian")
Last bug, gconf schemas where not merged, so after installing files,
you should run as root
# export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
# gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule /etc/gconf/schemas/sugar.schemas
These steps are handled by make install normally but when creating a
package, they must be included into the installation script.
After this, Sugar should work properly.
Packages will be available in AUR[1] when I have tested them enough to
be sure they are correct.
Thanks again
Cilyan

[1] http://aur.archlinux.org/