[Sugar-devel] [Karma] pls review jsdocs for Karma

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Mon Dec 14 20:30:12 EST 2009

first, tks for the awesome feedback

2009/12/14 Felipe López Toledo <zer.subzero at gmail.com>

> hey man,
>
> I have read the online docs, here is my feedback:
>
> [ feature request ]
> add collision support for file names repeated

Can you be more specific? just to avoid loading the same file twice?

I think that collision support for the 'name' property would also be helpful

> [ question ]
> how does the actual localization algorithm work?
> I mean, is there a way to localize all the content with one line?
> maybe, we could explain it in the docs

It doesn't work ;) ! there is no localization at all. It will have to wait
until next release

> [ bug? ]
> maybe, I'm wrong, but I think here is an error:
> /docs/symbols/Karma.html
> - ninja1.sword === "sword"

+ ninja1.weapon === "sword"

that is a bug, thanks for catching it

> [ suggestion ]
> /docs/symbols/Karma.karma.html
> Karma.karma.locale
> what is the default value?, I suggest "en"

none, right now, let me think about this.

> [ request ]
> /docs/symbols/Karma.kCanvas.html
> please, delete "fps" property, atm it does not have any function.

done

> [ suggestion ]
> I have seen some examples with code an explanation, I suggest to addcomment characters(/* */)
>
> example:
>
> docs/symbols/Karma.karma.html
> Karma.karma.rand(lower, upper)
> var num = rand(0, 10);
> - num could be 0, 1, 2, 3 ... or 10
> + //num could be 0, 1, 2, 3 ... or 10 <-----

great idea

> [ ]
> btw, I see there is no kimage, ksound and so on documentation, I think it
> is  the problem with the JsDoc toolkit, right?
>
> regards

Yeah, it has to do with jsdoc toolkit but also the funny way I laid out
kMedia prototype object for them both. I now think it is probably better
that I get rid of kMedia and just split them into 3 wholly different objects
without a prototypal parent. It is odd to make a concession for the
documentation tool but I also think that it will make the code easier to
read.