[Sugar-devel] How to enable activities

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 14 17:22:04 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:05:18PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 14.12.2009, at 18:36, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 06:02:00PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >
> >> IMHO a small but really helpful interface addition would be binding F3 in home view to switch between List view and regular view.
> > I would find that quite confusing. How about a different key instead to switch between several views on a screen (for neighborhood and group as well once they support list views)?
>
> I'd suggest to try it.

It is a logical extension of the idea of the F3 key ... but on the other
hand it makes the key do more than one thing, which may confuse during
discovery.

0.86 already has Ctrl-1 and Ctrl-2 to choose the home view type, and
that's good.  I've seen people been confused by not being able to get
the activity ring back once they have chosen list view.  ;-}

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/