[Sugar-devel] File Share Activity

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Dec 13 23:44:41 EST 2009

Hi Justin,

On 13 Dec 2009, at 01:56, Justin Lewis wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback Gary.
>
>> - Is it possible to create your git repository on http://git.sugarlabs.org/ or is it already somewhere public?
>
> Yep, it is currently on Gitorious
> (http://gitorious.org/jlew/xo-file-distro).  I can move it to
> git.sugarlabs.org if that would be better for everyone in the sugar
> community.

Thanks, that rep's fine for me if that's where you're already set-up to work :-)

>> - You named your bundle FileShare-2009-12-11.xo, I'd just go with FileShare-1.xo to stick with current convention, and start bumping up the version integer for each new release from now on (that way Sugar will happily upgrade a previous version correctly).
>
> Ok, I'll do that next time I release a build.
>
> I will try to put download buttons next to each file and convert my
> current download button into a download all (I think I will still have
> it download all the files as separate objects but have it download
> them all automatically to keep the system simple).

Cool. Will keep an eye out for your next build!

> And feel free to any UI/design feedback as well.  This is my first use
> of gtk, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Yea, gtk is still a huge amorphous blob of unexpected classes and methods to me as well, the only way I get by is with constant reference to the class documentation, poking through other people's code, and living by what wits I have :-) Took me the best part of half a day just to work out how to add an optional scrollbar to a text label widget!

Regards,
--Gary