[Sugar-devel] Scrollbar width

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Thu Dec 10 20:42:10 EST 2009

Following specific instructions for setting scrollbar width found here:
http://bytes.com/topic/python/answers/710473-how-use-styles-pygtk
I constructed the following scrollwidth.rc file:
__________________________
style "wide_range"
{
    GtkRange::slider-width = 40
}

class "GtkRange" style "wide_range"
__________________________

I placed the file in my activity folder, then added the following line
toward the beginning of the init segment of my activity (.py):

   gtk.rc_parse("scrollwidth.rc")

The activity (which uses a full-screen gtk.ScrolledWindow) runs fine and its
log reflects no errors. However, the window's scrollbars remain the default
width. (They are fully viewable as well.)

(I did try:
   gtk.rc_parse("~/Activities/OurMusic.activity/scrollwidth.rc")
as well; identical result.)

I thought something like this might work - experimenting with the
possibility of widening scrollbars, since any change would be limited to my
activity.

Does anyone see the flaw(s) here?

Art Hunkins