[Sugar-devel] Scrollbar width

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 10 10:47:23 EST 2009

Eben Eliason wrote:
> I think that
> retaining the functionality via some other mapping or shortcut would
> be nice (especially to offer the functionality as designed on the XO
> hardware itself), but I don't see reason not to improve the usability
> of Sugar on all platforms by increasing the scrollbars to a more
> manageable width.

I think we need Sugar's appearance to adapt to the hardware it's running
on, and this is a good example.  On the XO, the small screen makes every
millimeter precious, and the grab keys make the scrollbars of secondary
importance.  On large screens with no grab keys, maybe scrollbars should
be wider.  On small capacitive touchscreens, maybe there should be no
scrollbars at all, etc.

--Ben