[Sugar-devel] Sugar 0.86 Favourites View behaviour - Browse

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Dec 7 05:29:53 EST 2009

On 12/06/2009 10:28 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Am running Sugar 0.86.3.
>
> In general, I like how Sugar now opens the most recent item from the
> Journal, rather than starting a brand new file. However, I think with Browse
> - it's still useful for this to default to the homepage.
>
> Is there an easy way to make this happen?
> Do other people agree?
>
> @timClicks

Hi Tim,

interesting question. I am not sure Browse should differ to other
activities in that case. It presents you with the latest Browse-session,
which is the last visited page. Firefox does the same btw.

Maybe you are looking for a simple way to go back to a preferred page
(the start page for example). And maybe the answer to your question is
more a home button - or global bookmarks that can be accessed through
the interface? At the moment there are only session bookmarks and the
auto completion functionality.

Regards,
    Simon