[Sugar-devel] sugar master will depend on simplejson again

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Dec 5 11:55:00 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 01:41:17PM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 01:17:49PM +0100, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>
>[Debian]
>>could it be that 2.5 is only the default and that it is fine for a
>>package to depend on python 2.6?
>No, that's not the case. Python 2.6 is only available in
>experimental, not in unstable or testing.

Even when Python2-6 appears in unstable, it is most probably a problem
still as long as not being the default, due to some Python modules only
compiled for the default Python version (multi-version Python module
support is optional and raise packaging complexity considerably except
when using CDBS, which is discouraged for other reasons by some
developers).

Kind regards,

  - Jonas