[Sugar-devel] adding 3G devices support to sugar

Raul Gutierrez Segales rgs at rieder.net.py
Thu Dec 3 14:38:02 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 14:25 -0500, Eben Eliason wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Martin Abente <mabente at paraguayeduca.org> wrote:
> > Today i finished the systray device icon. (but i still need the icon
> > graphic... any artist around?)
>
> I'd be happy to sketch some icons. Do you have any suggestions or
> examples of what an appropriate icon might be for a 3G modem?
>
> As far as I know, they come in all shapes and sizes—including, of
> course, cell phones—and I'm not sure there is an accepted or easily
> recognizable form for an icon.

Some cultural background:

Here in Paraguay people call 3G modems "a soap" (jabón) since almost all
of them are small and it has a sopa-like shape. You hear it all the time
"can you lend me your soap"..

Perhaps a little soap might be meaningful for other deployments? Maybe
not :)

Raúl

P.S.: IIRC a telco here started a marketing campaign in which they
coined that phrase (3G modem == soap).