[Sugar-devel] [Please Read] SoaS v2 RC Issues

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Thu Dec 3 02:13:34 EST 2009

Hi all,

this is a very quick update on the current state of SoaS v2.

We discovered on Tuesday that we wouldn't be able to ship content due to
legal concerns that was originally intended to be included and discussed
how to proceed in the last two days. Specifically, we won't include
anything that contains a CreativeCommons NC or ND clause, or any
equivalent license.

Hence, we're going to ship only books from Project Gutenberg. I've taken
the task of replacing all books in question with adequate alternatives.
Please speak up if you've any book suggestion that:

    * is illustrated
    * comes from Project Gutenberg
    * is preferably in a language other than English (not required)

On the other hand, while testing another RC locally in a VM, I figured
that Read crashed when attempting to *scroll* through an .epub file.
Additionally, one isn't able to open the content afterwards.

This is almost certainly a blocker, but we *will* need to create the
master image this afternoon (Central European Time). If you've a spare
minute, please help us out here!

Thanks,
--Sebastian