[Sugar-devel] adding 3G devices support to sugar

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Dec 2 02:24:30 EST 2009

On 12/02/2009 03:04 AM, Martin Abente wrote:

> I have successfully extended jarabe/model/network.py, so we can
> load-in a gsm connection, tested it with my app (gsmbridge) and it
> works, tomorow ill clean up the code, add the control panel and the
> device icon part.

Hi Martin,

wow, awesome you made it already that far. Can't wait to try it out
(found a gsm device here in my house that is recognized by NM :).

Here are the guidelines for code that goes into Sugar:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Code_guidelines

Once you are happy with your code you have to follow the review process
with the module maintainer (in your case sugar):
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Code_Review

And, to get it into a Sugar release - there is a Feature process
described at (this includes involvement of the design team):
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Policy

Don't get scared about the process involved, you will see it sounds only
a lot at first glance ;) Read through it and if you have questions or
things are unclear ask here or in #sugar (This is very welcome as we can
see where our process policy can maybe be more verbose or is unclear).
We are happy to explain and help.

Thanks,
    Simon