[Sugar-devel] Local Collaboration with an ethernet bug 1113

Mike Lee curiouslee at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 21:40:29 EDT 2009

Another small data point:

I just tried with a brand new Linksys 5-port Workgroup Switch cabled to an
Intel Classmate 2 and Asus EeePC 701 running Sugar Strawberry from USB flash
drives. There were no other connections to the hub, and I did not connect to
wifi. I shared Write and Chat from the EeePC, but the shared activities did
not come up on the Neighborhood view of the Classmate. Repeating same from
the Classmate, showed nothing on the EeePC.

Connecting to my open wifi access point, the EeePC linked to the jabber
server and I saw a lot of people in the neighborhood view. The Classmate 2
did not connect to the Jabber server, nor could it see my shared sessions of
Write and Chat. Both laptops, however, could surf the web via Browse.

I have not tried all the diagnostics suggested earlier in this thread but
will attempt some of them.

Mike