[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] FSF attitude to xo and sugar

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 07:48:38 EDT 2009

Sugar Labs suffers from OLPC's lack of interest in press
communications and in combating misperceptions (in particular the
wholly inaccurate meme that XO-1s are delivered with Windows).
Although we manage to get mostly positive coverage for Sugar, it's two
steps forward, one step back when OLPC doesn't respond to journalists
and in particular when Professor Negroponte makes confusing statements
about Sugar. It's my wish to find someone at OLPC willing to work with
me to improve their public image, which can only be beneficial to both
projects.

I have interviewed Mr. Stallman several times in the past and will
brief him on the current situation. I don't know if he wrote the
actual copy in question.

Sean