[Sugar-devel] SoaS v2 Beta Release - "The Next Big Thing"

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun Aug 30 15:46:13 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of the Sugar on a Stick v2 Beta
Release. This release includes already a preview of the features in the
upcoming final release, which is due to November 24 right now.

Major updates have been applied and we are now shipping the Fedora 12
Alpha base system as well as the latest Sugar 0.85.3 release.
Additionally, we are now shipping the zyx-liveinstalller by default.

Please download and test your version of this release from here:

http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/releases/soas-2-beta.iso

6db05c91d2bc1a6c4af1044cea2ae0b6d63931af  soas-2-beta.iso

When placing the image on your USB key, please use either
liveusb-creator [1] for Windows or livecd-iso-to-disk [2] for Linux. We
are also providing an appliance image for use with VirtualBox, as well
as VMware, to allow even Mac users to test Sugar on a Stick [3]. Later
in the development cycle, SoaS will also feature specific images the XO.

Finally, please note also that we are going to have a test day on SoaS
with Fedora QA this Thursday. More information will be provided later.

In case you encounter any issues, please report them at our bug tracker:
https://launchpad.net/soas

Thanks,
--Sebastian Dziallas

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/