[Sugar-devel] The ARM is near

Philippe Clérié philippe at gcal.net
Sat Aug 29 10:33:20 EDT 2009

Your points are well taken and generally I agree with them. Except
that I never suggested you should "abandon upstream development".
Sugar is your calling card, your differentiator, your trademark, your
value added... etc, etc, etc. It's what make you, you. :-) I would
never think of abandoning it.

I also differ on the question of attracting more people. I think more
focus is better than less, but I am willing to suspend disbelief.
But that gives me an opportunity to bring up a point that I find much
more interesting. I believe Sugar has a peculiar problem to solve.

You need to somehow bring together educators and developpers around
a particular philosophy of education. The intersection of those sets
appears to be a very small set. You need to widen that set. I think
a dedicated distribution might help. It would be a point of focus.

Cheers,

--

Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>