[Sugar-devel] Fwd: SarynPaint: a Java program packaged for the OLPC

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 01:56:51 EDT 2009

Rafael Ortiz

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Wiley Sittler <bsittler at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:29 AM
Subject: SarynPaint: a Java program packaged for the OLPC
To: OLPC Developer's List <devel at laptop.org>

A friend of mine wrote a hand/eye coordination game called SarynPaint
and recently released the source code. SarynPaint is written in Java,
so you'll need to install OpenJDK to use it. I just checked in minimal
support for launching it from Sugar and rolled a .xo activity bundle
file.

The project: http://sarynpaint.googlecode.com/

The activity bundle file: http://sarynpaint.googlecode.com/files/sarynpaint-1.xo

How to get OpenJDK: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Java#Installing_OpenJDK_Java

I haven't been able to test that .xo link on an actual OLPC yet, so
feel free to pass along bug reports, experiences, etc.

So, is there some way I could list the OpenJDK dependency in the
activity.info file and have the system offer to download and install
OpenJDK if it has not yet been installed?

-Ben