[Sugar-devel] Ad-hoc network identification badge

Eben Eliason eben at laptop.org
Fri Aug 28 16:51:24 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Gary C Martin<gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2009, at 22:24, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>
>> On 08/27/2009 10:42 PM, Gary C Martin wrote:
>>>
>>> Quick ping,
>>>
>>> Do we need something like an emblem-buddy.svg for ad-hoc network icons
>>> (e.g. an XO icon used in same way as the star and lock icon are used
>>> to badge AP icons)? Sorry couldn't find a trac ticket or the right ML
>>> thread.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> --Gary
>>
>> Yeah, I think we settled on a badged AP icon. If you have something in
>> mind - please share it with us ;p
>
> OK :-) Just tested the buddy icon pretty much as is for an emblem, but it
> doesn't quite ring true (feels too fussy). Here's a few screen shots:
>

> So taking a leaf out of the emblem-locked style and came up with what I
> think is a much better emblem using a box outline and solid stroke colour
> for the buddy icon:

Yup. I would definitely recommend the (unstroked, as you show it) XO
icon within the box, as well. The badge feels just a little high in
your mockups (it should be at a 45 degree angle from center, and
positioned so that the lower-right corner falls outside the 55px
recommended icon region, at (70,70)), but that's just an issue of
defining the hotspot correctly. Also, all bages are supposed to be
black fills with white strokes (and white symbols within the box, eg.
the XO itself). I think that never happened because entity support was
never added for badges.

Does someone know how to add that so we can fix the badges up?
Alternatively, does someone want to update all of the default SVGs for
the badges so that they use the correct colors without use of
entities?

Thanks Gary! (For the mockups, that is; I'm not volunteering you for
the above task)

Eben