[Sugar-devel] ASLO download numbers seem suspect

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:39:22 EDT 2009

For weeks now I have had two of the most popular Activities on ASLO:
View Slides and Read Etexts.  Both of these were downloaded 2000+
times this week alone, and 20,000+ times total.  I also have one of
the less popular Activities: Get Internet Archive Books, which has
been downloaded only a little over 1,000 times total.

I wish I could believe these numbers, but I can't.  They seem way too
high.  I also question the numbers for Speak.  Why would over 1,000
people a week download an Activity that they should already have?  If
View Slides is so insanely popular why hasn't it received any
comments?  If Read Etexts is so popular why haven't more people viewed
the video about it?  (Last time I looked it was about 12 views, many
of them by me).  If Sugar users like reading so much why isn't Get
Internet Archive Books more popular?

James Simmons