[Sugar-devel] The ARM is near

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:48:14 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Benjamin M.
Schwartz<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I think I am understanding.  My claim is that different distros are
> sufficiently dissimilar that we would end up needing a different bundle
> for every distro.  The dependencies, even if they have the same name, do
> not provide the same API on different distros.

That's a strange claim. Can you give me an example? Assuming the
activity itself is written in Python and uses either binaries or
python bindings... what big unmanageable API changes would it see?

(Minor API changes can be papered over w some glue code.)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions