[Sugar-devel] windows7sins

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Fri Aug 28 06:08:13 EDT 2009

I am surprised to read: "As a result, it is expected that the main
effect of the OLPC project -- if it succeeds -- will be to turn millions
of children into Microsoft dependents."

Some of your other criticisms of OLPC are fair, but this is pure
speculation. Even though there is a Windows XP port to the XO laptop, to
my knowledge, OLPC has not shipped any Windows or dual-boot XOs to
customers. (Or was there a small trial that fizzled?) On the other hand,
OLPC has put free software into more children's hands than any other
project so far. You ought to give them credit for that, at least. Your
interpretation of events seems excessively pessimistic.

--
American? Vote on the National Initiative for Democracy, http://votep2.us