[Sugar-devel] The ARM is near

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Aug 28 06:02:44 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:37, Jonas Smedegaard<dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:13:24AM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>>
>> If fat binaries are not desired, which alternatives do we have?
>
>  1) Include more aggressively/liberally arch-dependent stuff in Sucrose,
>    and include/write wrappers for popular arch-independent languages
>    (e.g. Python)
>  2) Promote as "first class Activities" those written in arch-
>    independent languages and depending only on stuff included in
>    Sucrose.

Both sound like good ideas to me, though 1) concerns more to
deployers: do they want to have to install hundreds of megs of
software that might or might not be used by any Sugar activities they
get to use?

I think that deployers should be the ones to say what can go in the
platform and what not. But the more we have there, the easier it is
for us developers.

Regards,

Tomeu

>  - Jonas
>
> --
> * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist og Internet-arkitekt
> * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
>
>  [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private

Farning