[Sugar-devel] New F11 for the XO-1 Build 6

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Thu Aug 27 11:48:31 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 08:59:28AM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
> to gather a bit more data:
>
>  > - Alt-left, Alt-right, Ctrl-Alt-F1, Ctrl-Alt-F2, Ctrl-Alt-F3, etc do not
>  > get me to a terminal. Ctrl-Alt-Erase does nothing.
>
> when the splash screen comes up, can you get it to go away (and
> keep the laptop from suspending) by touching the touchpad, or
> another keypad key?

Yes, that works. The moment the white screen goes away, the laptop
starts responding to Alt-left, Alt-right, etc. I can switch to other
VTs. However, the video mode is totally borked. I can't read anything. I
can type "ls" and see roughly the expected number of pixels move, but I
can't see anything remotely resembling text.

I guess OLPC doesn't have kernel mode setting? Is there some way to
reset the video mode? I might be able to login and type stuff if I know
what to type.

> that will confirm that user input is making at least as far as
> olpc-kbdshim.
>
> have you tried using an external USB keyboard when booting?

Did not try yet.