[Sugar-devel] New F11 for the XO-1 Build 6

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Thu Aug 27 08:59:28 EDT 2009

joshua n pritikin wrote:
 > On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:50:12AM -0400, Steven M. Parrish wrote:
 > > All normal warnings apply.  This is development code.  Please report any
 > > issues you may have.
 >
 > I tried flashing os6 to NAND. It boots until X comes up, then it gets
 > stuck on a white screen. I am experiencing the same problem with Martin
 > Dengler's builds. xo50 was the last one that worked. More recent builds
 > fail in the same way as os6.

i'm at a loss as to what your problem might be, but...

 > - If I press the power butten then I get a nice image and the machine
 > suspends. If I press the power button again then the machine resumes to
 > a white screen.

i can comment on this.  i assume the "nice image" is the powerd
suspend/powerdown menu.  this means powerd is running -- it's started
from upstart, on the rootfs.  it also means that VTs can be switched,
because that splash screen is put up essentially by doing a chvt, and
writing a ppm image to the screen (much the way bootanim and ul_warning
work).

to gather a bit more data:

 > - Alt-left, Alt-right, Ctrl-Alt-F1, Ctrl-Alt-F2, Ctrl-Alt-F3, etc do not
 > get me to a terminal. Ctrl-Alt-Erase does nothing.

when the splash screen comes up, can you get it to go away (and
keep the laptop from suspending) by touching the touchpad, or
another keypad key?  that will confirm that user input is making
at least as far as olpc-kbdshim.

have you tried using an external USB keyboard when booting?

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org