[Sugar-devel] [Karma] new version of adding_up_to_10 on k.sl.o

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 06:45:50 EDT 2009

2009/8/25 Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org>

> On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 16:06 +0545, Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> > 2009/8/24 Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org>
> >         Hey guys, I put the newer version of adding_up_to_10 on k.sl.o
> >
> http://karma.sugarlabs.org/karma/examples/adding_up_to_10/index.html
> >
> >         It has a # of problems, but the biggest one is that it relies
> >         on one
> >         giant canvas. Felipe and I realize that we need to use
> >         multiple small
> >         canvases rather than 1 big one. The biggest problem w/ 1 big
> >         canvas is
> >         scaling down the elements w/in it according to window size.
> >
> >         There are other problems, but they would be eliminated by
> >         moving to
> >         multiple canvases.
> >
> >         Will try to start working on it tomorrow.
> >

> > I also don't like that the countdown begins right away, that's quite
> > overwhelming.
> >

> > Can we have some sort of "begin game" button or something?
>
> it could, but the current implementation of adding_up is difficult to
> work w/ because it uses 1 big canvas. I was hoping to spend the rest of
> today and all of tomorrow to see if i can refactor adding_up to use
> multiple canvases. That may be a better use of programming time, maybe
> not.

Please make sure to document your steps there as I have a feeling this is an
issue a lot of people will initially run into when trying to build a lesson.
So a blog post and some information as part of the specifications would go a
long way here in making life easier for other developers.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer
co-editor, olpcnews