[Sugar-devel] Ubuntu Disk Images on XO

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Tue Aug 25 00:19:58 EDT 2009

abhishek wrote:
 > Hello everyone,
 > I was trying to boot my XO with ubuntu last night after successfully
 > booting it with DebXO with a USB and Fedora.

a standard PC kernel won't boot and run successfully on the XO.
the OLPC releases, and DebXO, both use custom kernels.

there's an extensive thread on the forums at olpcnews.com that
describes how to run a version of ubuntu that someone there has
customized for the XO.  i suggest you start there.

paul