[Sugar-devel] Ad-hoc network UI feedback

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Mon Aug 24 11:05:48 EDT 2009

On 22 Aug 2009, at 05:17, Daniel Drake wrote:

> 2009/8/22 Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>:
>> 1) Is it a bug that there are 2 'grey circles' showing the same
>> "Create new
>> wireless network" entry?
>
> It's acting as designed - showing the status of all the wireless
> devices it can find in the system. eth0 and msh0.

Can you create ad-hoc networks on a (XO-1) msh0 device? For me, trying
it on the left grey circle just pulses for a while with a palette
title "Gary2's network, Connecting...", and then goes back to grey
with a blank palette title. Trying with the right grey circle
correctly creates "Gary2's network".

One other quick question. Once you have created an ah-hoc network, the
"Create new wireless network" palette entry is still displayed. It
seems a redundant control, is it still necessary to show?