[Sugar-devel] Sugar on a Stick on XOs for XO Lending Libraries?

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Sat Aug 22 17:45:30 EDT 2009

As a *completely* naive author of a Sugar activity, I'll attempt to rephrase
a previous question (that received a very loud silence):

What is the update path for the XO-1; is it Martin's SoaS for XO's? Or are
there other efforts also in the works?

My particular concern, of course, is for Csound5.10 to work with python2.6
(csound-python module) so I can use Csound in a script.

On the XO-1, Csound5.08 and python2.5 work together fine; however, my script
properly requires 5.10.

It seems that the 5.10/python2.6 issue is on the cusp, thanks to Peter
Robinson and others, of being solved.

I'm left wondering, however, whether this 5.10/2.6 combination will ever
become available on the XO-1, except via SoaS?

Another way of putting it: will the XO-1 quite readily become somewhat of an
"orphan/dinosaur" without its plugin SoaS?

(Of course, maybe that's not so bad.)

Art Hunkins