[Sugar-devel] RFH - Journal corruption reports fom 8.2.1

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Sat Aug 22 17:13:27 EDT 2009

Probably unrelated, but FWIW:

One fast way to completely get rid of the Journal (SoaS) is to delete the
stick's boot directory! (I did it once by accident.)

Strangely enough, the stick will still boot fine on non-XO's; it just lacks
a Journal.

OTOH, it won't boot at all on the XO-1 (whereas, otherwise it boots fine).

Then I figured I might be able to recoup the basic Journal - either to
retrieve the activity, or to get the stick to boot on the XO - by copying
the boot directory from another stick - but *no*.

Art Hunkins